CONTACT ME

TO FIND OUT ABOUT ACQUIRING MY ARTWORK, TO COMISSION ME TO CREATE AN IMAGE,
OR TO CONTACT ME FOR AUDIO,RADIO WORK OR PUBLIC SPEAKING.
E-MAIL ME- cyclebird@gmail.com

Friday, July 19, 2013

Bike Ride to Lac Mégantic




Tomorrow morning I'm going on a ride with a bunch of people to Lac Mégantic in order to raise money and support a community that has been devastated by an incredible tragedy. I've been watching and reading a lot of the news and have felt a sort of helpless pit in my stomach. I feel like we have an enormous battle to fight when it comes to balancing what we all do on this planet and trying to figure out how to stay alive without obliterating the earth. We've built the system around us to support a lifestyle that is not sustainable and if we don't change some things, who knows what other tragedies will happen. Im not a reporter or an expert of any kind but i do know how to do two things well, biking and art. I'd like to contribute to helping this town rebuild with the resources i have and so I'm going to create artwork throughout my trip to and from Lac Mégantic. I'd like to then sell this artwork and give the money to the city. This may come out as a print , drawings, poems or other forms of art. I'd like to raise at least $600 which is about $1 for every kilometer I will ride on this trip ( there and back) . if you'd like to donate money to support my cause, you can either email me at cyclebird@gmail.com , in person or just donate directly to red cross and tell me how much you've donated and I'll add it to my taly. If you donate over $30 through me, i will give you a piece of art that i've created on this trip. Thanks you for reading this and although it's not a huge contribution, I feel an obligation not only as an artist to find a way to give back but also as a citizen of the world who wants to make a differencw some how.

FB Event Page- https://www.facebook.com/events/142655555933665/

-Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment