CONTACT ME

TO FIND OUT ABOUT ACQUIRING MY ARTWORK, TO COMISSION ME TO CREATE AN IMAGE,
OR TO CONTACT ME FOR AUDIO,RADIO WORK OR PUBLIC SPEAKING.
E-MAIL ME- cyclebird@gmail.com

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Making Sense of Something Seemingly Random

Above are drawings I did by randomly spraying paint onto a piece of paper and then drawing overtop the color with a pen to make some faces.

This process, even though it may seem totally random, could be a good representation of how you should approach living.
Hear me out....
As I've said many times before, I think that we are all dealing with similar struggles of identity and purpose, and when you start getting into it, it almost seems like a bottomless pit of crap and scaryness. At times I feel this way but sometimes, I feel nice and warm inside by one simple line, 
"It is what it is."

Why does this give me comfort? Because when you really think about life and how we are all connected by the fact that we exist, the rest will come as it should, because that's what it's supposed to do.
What I mean by this is, there is much to be gained by analyzing our existence, but a lot can be gained by existing now and realizing that is all that will ever be. To think about tomorrow is no less crazy than thinking you can fly. There is truth in everything that is now- the pain, the love, the gut feelings, the strength, the weakness- all of it is truth and it is what it is.

When i think about what I've done above, I see the struggle of life. Nine figures created from nine different sprays. Were the images created by me, or did they already exist and I helped them appear? I did not spend time thinking about the composition or the shape or the expression on each face, I let the spray decide what was going to happen. I let the form form itself and didn't get caught up on what I thought it should be. Life is most appreciated when you let it happen. Who you are is who you are and there is nothing you can do other than expose it and embrace it. 

These figures are connected not by their differences but by their participation in the act of existence. They all exist on the paper and their truth is in their paper-ness not their spraypaint-ness.



No comments:

Post a Comment