CONTACT ME

TO FIND OUT ABOUT ACQUIRING MY ARTWORK, TO COMISSION ME TO CREATE AN IMAGE,
OR TO CONTACT ME FOR AUDIO,RADIO WORK OR PUBLIC SPEAKING.
E-MAIL ME- cyclebird@gmail.com

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Train of thought with a bit of beer


Art is not the final product it's the process.
it's finding out things that you never thought you would find out
it's about discovering connections amongst things that feel disconnected
it's about exploring the unknown and feeling comfortable in an area of discomfort

I just spent the last couple of hours hanging out with a couple of guys infront of a mural I did and while drinking a few beers and talking about life, I slowly started making changes to and then completely destroyed it.

I spent 4 hours and about 70$ worth of paint on an this wall and and in a few minutes it was  covered in a thick layer of beige paint.

we laughed, we drank and we made fun of me being an artists
and what it all came to was a feeling of relief

IT'S JUST PAINT

it's not something to get all fucking angry and angsty about

yes, images are important and I can't tell you just how much painting has given to me but the reality is that I don't really give a fuck about the final product.

NO

I care about the process.

I care abou the people. I care about the feelings and the love and the immense therapy that comes from laughing and feeling comfortable with failure

I hate money. I don't give a shit about how much money I make doing art.
Want to know why?

I care about pulling people out of depression. I care about feeling good. I care about making others feel like they belong in this really messed up world that we are in.

Sure, a  lot of my art isn't marketable. I don't care.
Since when is marketability a standard of human evolution?

Let's get real for a second here, no one looks at your bank account when you're dead.
People wont stand up at your funeral declaring your debt or your profit.
They will talk about who you were and if you were nice and funny and all kinds of things that are actually valuable when it comes to human life.

I realize that there are a lot of ideas going on here, so please excuse the small amount of Pabst blue ribbon in my system and take one thing from this.

Be yourself and stop thinking about what will make you money.

Debt sucks but forgetting what it means to be human is much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment