CONTACT ME

TO FIND OUT ABOUT ACQUIRING MY ARTWORK, TO COMISSION ME TO CREATE AN IMAGE,
OR TO CONTACT ME FOR AUDIO,RADIO WORK OR PUBLIC SPEAKING.
E-MAIL ME- cyclebird@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Energy Catchers/ Chaos Stars



Anarchy and chaos is how I've viewed my most recent interactions with people.
So much of what I've seen and heard doesn't make sense and I'ves struggled to find order in the madness that is human life.
But maybe that's the point.
Maybe it's not meant to be understood, it's only meant to be lived
To understand something as complex as nature and human-ness and to try to categorize it in a way that brings comfort seems disrespectful to the beauty an nuance of moments.
Since I can't seem to find order in my mind, I've attempted to find order on canvas.

In these paintings, I've tried to capture what my eye sees 
I've tried to feel, with all my heart and hands, the pain, the happiness and everything in between, and lay paint in the hopes that it will make me feel a bit safer
The chaos of the lines overlapping creates an image but also allows the line to exist on it's own.
The strength of the structure is in the mayhem.
The beauty is in it's disorder.
The relief is it's containment.

In all my art, I'd like to create a sense of comfort.
Not with safety, but with openness.
From exposing something that is present and shinning a light in a direction that feels true.
With truth comes direction,
With direction comes purpose,
With purpose comes power.
The power of now.







No comments:

Post a Comment