CONTACT ME

TO FIND OUT ABOUT ACQUIRING MY ARTWORK, TO COMISSION ME TO CREATE AN IMAGE,
OR TO CONTACT ME FOR AUDIO,RADIO WORK OR PUBLIC SPEAKING.
E-MAIL ME- cyclebird@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

∆ The Feathers ∆


I'm not a photographer but I appreciate photos a lot. I really love how people can capture emotions, feeling, moments and vibes and be able to share them with others. I'm sure that one day I'll try photography out more seriously but until then, I work with other people who are a bit more in tune with operating the lens.

Since August of last year, I've been finding feathers in times where I need validation. It's been a strange experience because I thought that at some point it would stop happening, but to this day, feathers appear in the most magical, strange and amazing moments. I don't look for them, they find me.





Around the beginning of this year, my collection had grown to over 20 feathers and the stories were getting weirder and more intense every time I found one. I kept on thinking about what I should do with them. Make a necklace? Make a collage? Throw them off a cliff?
No, I needed to make art with them. Each feather holds it's on energy of a special moment and I needed to pay them hommage in their ability to give me comfort. Why comfort? Because, with every step of life, lies deep uncertainty and to feel affirmed in my step, is a psychological privilege that I feel honoured to have experienced time and time again.  

A little while ago, I met a woman named Lorette . We connected via Facebook and I discovered her photos. ( http://cargocollective.com/fluktekro / on FB- FLUKTE KRO SHOOT )

In trying to come up with an idea with what to do with all the feathers, I thought it might be cool to do some sort of photo shoot with the feathers and when I saw Lorette's photos, I knew I had to do it with her.

After many months of wanting to do the shoot, a couple of weeks ago, we finally got together in a studio and took the shots.

Much more could be said about what the photos mean to me or what the feathers have done to my life, but I want to let them speak for themselves.
The only thing I will say is this;
Art heals all wounds and vulnerability is beautiful.

-Cam





If you'd like to know even more about my feather story, you can listen to my last podcast where I recount a few of my most interesting feather-finding stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment